Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Knocking down the blocks

No, I'm not talking about Erica's building blocks. Right now, they are hidden; I've decided that only one multi-pieced toy should be out at a time, in order to slightly control the chaos in my house.

My reference is to my writers' block. If you're new to reading and didn't know... I'm in the process of writing a book. For the past month or so, I haven't been able to write anything. I've just been stuck. I knew where I wanted to story to go... but no idea how to get from point A to point B.

Last night, Andrew stayed home with Erica while I went out to Barnes and Noble. Fantastic. I had a Chai Latte. [This morning, I'm drinking my coffee w/ Vanilla Chai Spice creamer. Yummy.] As I enjoyed my beverage, I sat and pulled out a notebook. My brainstorming notebook. And guess what? I wrote over 5 pages to my novel. [Five typed pages which I typed out when I came home; many more in the notebook b/c I have such huge handwriting.] I'm on a roll. I know where I'm going from here... at least, for the meantime. I've led up to a very important part of the story, so there's lots of detail and dialogue going on now.

So, I may be absent from blogger occasionally. I need to delegate my free time; perhaps blogging on on Monday, Thursday; novel on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday.

We'll see.

6 comments:

Abigail S said...

I'm glad that you got some freetime to yourself

Crazy Working Mom said...

Horray for you! :)
Keep up the good work...

Anonymous said...

That's great! It's always a good feeling to feel productive and back in the game. Live it up and run with it while it is in full throttle.

Nikki Neurotic said...

Good news! Good luck with the novel, I hope you reach the end.

Mama of 2 said...

What a wonderful feeling. I have had writer's block for a while now on a story that I have been working on for far too long. Perhaps I should use my down time at my new job to try to get inspired again.

Becky L said...

Abigail- okay, so you didnt really leave that comment. I wrote it for you, just b/c I wanted to hack into your account. I'm so bad!

crazy working mom- hopefully i will keep up the good work. cross my fingers...

mommish- you are absolutely right. I need to run w/ it while I can, b/c who knows when I'll get that writers block back.

silverneurotic- i really hope i reach the end of it too. it'll be so exciting

mama of 2- you're an aspiring author too? thats great. I hope you can get over your block too.