Sunday, November 25, 2007

Midnight Madness

Yes, I'm one of those people. My sister Abby is too.

We went shopping on 'Black Friday' starting at Midnight. Yes, that's correct: 12 AM

The 2 Lancaster outlet centers [Rockvale and Tanger] opened at midnight. CRAZY, I thought. Who would do that? Then when I found out that my sister had nothing to do Friday, I decided to invite her over for some late-night shopping.

It was PACKED! So crowded. But we were lucky most of the night. We would just happen to get into a line while it was short, and then tons of people would get in line behind us. Store after store that happened. Even in the bathroom: we got there with all stalls open, and when we left there was a line of 15+ ladies.

I'll tell more later. I gotta get going now.

6 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

Just for the record, you are CRAZY! However, I find late night shopping much more sane than early morning shopping, so at least you have that going for you. Now, my Mother-in-law did BOTH. I find her to be a total nut!

Becky L said...

I found it much better as well.

WHY? Because I'm a night person, NOT a morning person. I find it much easier to stay awake and go out than to get a little bit of sleep and try to wake up at 3 or 4 AM.

In all, I did a good amount of sleep.

Crazy Me said...

I'm so with you on the shopping but my first store opened at 4 am. I love Black Friday!

Anonymous said...

Yup, you are crazy...for sure! I was home in bed. *LOL*

Anonymous said...

Hmm, shopping after midnight? Sounds crazy! :)

Becky L said...

crazy me- yeah! someone who's with me on this!

crazy working mom- well... I did end up getting enough sleep in the long run. Lots of naps here and there!

raj- it was so fun though.