Thursday, November 22, 2007

Answer this before reading the post: What are the first things you think of when you think "Thanksgiving"

Apparently, people don't think about native americans anymore. Can you believe it?

I wanted to print out pictures of pilgrims & NAs for the kids to color, while telling them the Thanksgiving story. Well, I was checking all kinds of education clipart websites, and guess what I found? Pilgrims, turkeys, pumpkins, pies, corn, cornucopia, mayflower boats, etc. BUT NO native americans!!!

How can that be? Without them, there is NO story. It never would have happened w/o them. If it was just the pilgrims alone, they would have starved. No big feast of celebration for them.

I'm quite miffed. I want to know why this is. How can these educators kick out the most important people in the thanksgiving story???

[Found this picture via google. Cute.]

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Hi! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Malachy was a Native American Indian for his Thanksgiving party at school. Others were Pilgrims. How is your book coming along?