Monday, April 07, 2008

Everybody Everywhere!

Clean Up
Clean Up
Everybody Everywhere
Clean Up
Clean Up
Everybody do your share


When Andrew came to me Saturday and said, "We're going to pick up trash," I was none too happy. I was grossed out at the thought of touching trash left out by other people. By the end, I was enjoying the time.


There's a little river at the bottom of our street. Erica likes to go down to see the ducks. Unfortunately, people have made such a mess down there. Bags, bottles, papers, wrappers... someone even dumped a COUCH into the river! [We didn't pull that out, though.]


Andrew decided that we should be the ones to clean it up. I didn't quite agree... but now looking back, its to our benefit too b/c now there's a clean area to walk with Erica. It's not perfect; we couldn't possibly get all of it; everytime we thought we were done, we'd find more. But we filled up several trash bags.


I feel like I did my part for mother nature. And we had some good family bonding time.


On a totally random note: I wanted to change my blog template a bit. Didn't get a new header put together; but I did get some new background ideas. What do you think? I have the squiggles up now... should I use a different one?

[Oh, and an update: I actually DID put together new header options. What do you like?]



6 comments:

Becky said...

I'm thinking the squiggles with a spring header with the three of you walking by that thing you cleaned up...

'liya said...

I went for a walk with V the other day and we were disgusted by all the trash that had been hidden previously by the snow. It was gross.

Anonymous said...

I think you did a good thing by cleaning up the area. Most people are too ignorant to do anything like that. The current header looks good and the squares would look good too.

Burgh Baby said...

Thank you! Alexis sings that song all the time, but I never knew all the words. I could only understand, "Clean up!" It's good to know the full lyrics to what daycare is teaching her (and I never remember to ask).

Anonymous said...

Oh we always sing that when we clean up! Good old Barney [where's my shot gun?!] taught us that one.

As far as the trash, good for you! Litter bug people make me a little peeved.

Becky, you know I love you so I'm going to be honest, your templates make me feel sick. hahahahahaha Just kidding! Well, for me personally, I like toned down things, earthy colors, etc. But thinking of YOU I like the blue polka-dotty one... well I actually like the raindrops you have up right now ALOT. :)

Unknown said...

Lol, that clean up song is a great hit at school. One of my students sings it at home too.