Thursday, July 26, 2007

I need you, I need you, I need you!

My daughter is the sweetest! Lately she's been coming up to me and saying: "I need you!" It is so sweet. I love it. [I think she picked it up from her cousin during vacation.]

She's been a great girl lately. The only problem is that I'm kinda at a loss for what to be doing. Hmm... We do a lot of various things during the day: play-dough, blocks, 'little people,' coloring, stickers, a bit of TV, etc. But we always seem to have lapses of time with nothing to do. Its a bit disconcerting. I don't want her to be bored... and I'm getting bored out of my mind too.

You would think that with all this free time on my hands, I'd be blogging a lot. Nope. Its almost as if I'm so bored that I've lost interest in doing things. Kinda odd.


Today, I needed to get out of the house!

So, Erica and I packed our lunches and went to the mall. Yes, I'm cheap with my PB&J. Anyway, the great thing about the mall in Lancaster is that they have an indoor play area for kids. A lot of malls don't have anything like that. Quite a few times, Erica and I have gone there just to play. It comes in handy during the winter when playgrounds are out of the question. And right now, its handy b/c I HATE when its really hot and humid out.

Erica loves playing. And making 'friends.' Its so cute. And when I watch her, I get jealous... I wanna run around and have fun too! But a 25 y/o wouldn't look quite right going down a slide that looks like a banana.

5 comments:

Crazy Me said...

Awwww screw it. You only live once. I say, go down the slide and scream the whole way down! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Becky L said...

crazy me- well, there were some kids there that were TOO OLD to be playing. I didn't want to be a hypocrite [is that spelled right?] and play too.

Nikki Neurotic said...

I think you are suffering from post vacation blahs, it'll pass soon enough...hopefully getting out of the house will help.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! We did something similar last weekend. We just went by Sonic and got burgers and fries. Then we went on a hike at the local park! It was so much fun. The kiddos played on the equipment afterward while hubby and I relaxed a bit.

Becky L said...

silverneurotic- yeah, post-vacation-blues really could be the culprit

crazy working mom- its amazing how relaxing it can be to just sit and watch the kid(s) play