Thursday, November 16, 2006

not sure what to talk about

hmmm...

not sure what to really talk about. so i guess i'll just ramble about different things. raj often does this, just mentioning random things together [like buying a new umbrella]. so, here i go...

-my mary kay lady came over yesterday. i really want to become a sales lady. i dont plan on making it a huge full time thing. i'm not aiming to earn a car or anything. Just something i can do here and there as people request it. i just need to get andrew to agree. considering he's the one that will be watching erica when i this, it is important that he's okay with this. he doesnt want me to pressure friends/family into buying stuff that they dont really want; he thinks that they'll secretly resent me. so, my solution was to promise that i wont approach people in a pressuring way, or hand out brochures to make them buy something. i'll just let them know that i'm a MK Consultant now. if they truly are interested, then they'll approach me about it. sound good?

-i'm doing weight watchers. it takes a lot of guts for me to admit this online to everyone. but i really need to lose the weight. so far, so good. i officially started monday. i'm following the "flex points" program. i have 26 points a day that i can eat, but each week you also have some flexability that you can go over a few points. so, over thanksgiving i can enjoy the meal instead of completely refusing the turkey and stuffing. Anyway, i've been doing good. its a bit hard, b/c since i cook meals, i need to calculate everything. But its really not too hard. And since i eat a lot fiber, it makes things lower pts than regular foods. [we use whole wheat in most baking, and whole wheat pastas, and brown rice.] Anyway... On the one hand i feel better already, just knowing that i'm doing this and committing to it. On the other hand, i've been SOOO grouchy, and i think it may be b/c i'm hungry a lot of the times.

-today erica and i are going over to see clairissa. that'll be fun. so, erica is taking her nap now so that she's rested for the afternoon.

-i need to go grocery shopping! eek! we're running out of stuff to eat. and i need to make more carrot pancakes. we just ate the last of the pumpkin pancakes, so i really really need to get cooking. i dont know when i'll get around to it. maybe tomorrow. hmmm...

-I LOVE SUDOKU puzzles. [i recommend doing them on paper instead of on the computer. your eyes start to hurt after awhile, from concentrating on the screen.] i have a book of puzzles. one night when i was working on it, talking to myself and really concentrating hard, andrew said: "it cant possibly be that hard." we we decided to race. at first, i was really making sure to check everything i filled in, to avoid mistakes. then i got too self-confident and cocky, and decided to just run with it. Well, i made a huge mistake and couldnt figure out where it was. urgg... But andrew never finished his either. apparently, its harder than he thought.

okay, thats it for now. i have mary kay papers to read through.

4 comments:

Clairissa said...

Wow, I feel like I just read the cliffnotes of our visit today! We talked about basically everything here... except suduko puzzles. Didn't know you guys love them!? We do too... well, we went thru "a phase" a few months back where we'd work on them constantly. They are fun and ADDICTING! Maybe I should get back into it again! And I agree, do them on PAPER!!

'liya said...

I think Mary Kay is a great idea! We have more of the Avon Lady around here - do you guys get that too? If it's the same thing I'm sure you could even take Erica with you?! I love looking through those books although I never get anything. A couple of my friends sell Avon and I think it's a great thing to do on the side.. Hmm now I want to sell something too!

Becky L said...

clairissa-- you like sudoku too? you and i should have a race!

'liya-- i've never actually met an avon lady. just lots of mary kay ladies.

Clairissa said...

Ohhh I'd love to! I'm pretty good at 'em, if I do say so myself. You're on! Next time I see ya' YOU'RE GOIN' DOOOOOWN!! :o)