Friday, October 20, 2006

71 New-Mommy Truths

#47. You will wake up feeling sick one morning but will muster the strength to get through the day with your child because you have to.


I was reading thru this month's BabyTalk magazine. They have an article entitled "71 New-Mom Truths." A lot of them are SOOOO true to what i've experienced. This one really struck a chord with me.

I'M SO SICK AND TIRED OF BEING SO SICK AND TIRED!

really, i would love to have my energy back. i would love to be able to keep the house clean. [prior to my illness, i'd really been keeping the house tidy.] i would love to go outside to play with my daughter. i would love to DRIVE! somewhere, anywhere!

In case you havent read previously, i've got vertigo. I have a nasty ear infection that is throwing off my sense of balance. I'm almost constantly dizzy, lightheaded, faint, have throbbing headache, etc. And its bad. Not your run-of-the-mill kind of dizziness, that goes away after a minute of sitting. If anything, it gets worse for me. So, i'm taking medicine for the ear infection, which hasnt improved much at all. And i'm taking "dizzy pills," but the one side effect of them is that they make me sleepy. Hmm...

so whether dizzy or sleepy, its been a pain to take care of erica. Oh, not because of her. she's a doll. Today, actually, she has been SOOOOO good for me. But, its just been so hard to chase her around, keep her out of trouble, change her diapers, clean up after her, keep her fed, etc etc etc. I've been sleeping everytime she naps. [... which is why i'm up now. i think i've had too much sleep. but hopefully soon my "dizzy" pill will kick in and make me sleepy.]


i'm gonna refer back to my magazine now, and just end with some other things that i thought were cute...

-You will fatasize about what you would swap for a good eight hours of sleep.
-You will want to throw the baby moniter out the window
-You will never again touch an infant that isnt yours on the hands or face. [DEFINITELY TRUE!]
-You will forget all about your difficult day with your baby when you finally see her sleeping at night
-You will thank God for caffeine
-You will feel naked when you walk outside alone.
-You will rejoice when the baby's bald spot fills in. [my little darling took SO long to grow hair... and do you know what she's been doing lately? pulling it all out! whenever i get her up from a nap, there's bunches of hair everywhere.]
-You will be excited when your tot grows out of one size and into the next. [even now i am, because i just love new and cool clothes. i want to make her trendy.]
-You will consider your husband's work commute time to be his alone time, and be jealous of it
-You will wonder if you could possibly love another child as much as you love this one.

No comments: