Wednesday, March 08, 2006

sharing a special momment

erica just fell asleep on my lap. awe... it made my heart melt... so sweet...

we were upstairs playing. and i had the TV on, watching the news. erica crawled up to me and nestled into me. we sat together, and she drifted off to sleep. It was absolutely adorable.

kinda funny though, b/c i had been thinking that she might actually stay awake until lunch; now that she's a year old (well, tomorrow she will be), she soon should be going down to having just one nap a day. Well, little munchkin decided she wanted a morning nap after all.

* ----- * ----- *

so, i may (or may not) have mentioned this before, but i've been so worried that erica doesnt eat enough. she used to love feeding herself, but then decided that she hates eating vegetables and she just spits them out on the floor. Quite aggrivating.

I went to the library and got some books on child nutrition. And actually, from what the different books say, she is eating okay. As soon as i'm done blogging this, i'm gonna go thru the books and type out a food-plan for her so that i can keep it for easy reference. One of the books has a bunch of recipes, so i'm gonna go thru those also.

My #1 concern though is: when do i stop giving her formula? she really is addicted to the stuff. she cries and cries until i give her the bottle. i dont foresee her giving it up anytime soon. hmm...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

reallll quick! Just wanted to let you know that the girls from church are getting together Friday night at my place for pizza and a movie. 7:00.

Let me know if you can come! :)

Tom said...

Hey there! I believe they say that the bottle should go away after 1 year, otherwise it becomes a habit. I remember my kids appitites changing from week to week at that age. The rule of thumb is to always offer different things. One week its green beans, the next its cheese... I remember my kids also going through stages where they would pig out all the time and then the following week, they wouldn't touch anything. At her last pediatrician visit did they compare her height and weight to a scale, something like "this child is in the 50th percentile for height". It would be good to check that out if you haven't.
Do you have any of these "What to expect" books? I think the title is "What to expect the first year" They have then for all ages and stages. Sorry to take up major blog realestate, but I think you a cool woman with a cool family and are a great mother, I tend to get long winded when it comes to kid stuff.. sorry...

Becky L said...

holly-- OH, sounds fun. If i'm feeling better, i may come. not sure though. i've been pretty miserable lately.

tickneen-- i think i'm gonna finish up the formula that we have and then call it quits. Yesterday, i started giving her formula just for breakfast and bedtime, and then whole milk instead at lunch and dinner.

UPDATE: erica ate broccoli yesterday for lunch!!! YIPPEE!! i was so happy. today, she ate a few vegetables but then started throwing them on the floor. Oh well. at least she had some.

Tom said...

Oh, by the way, thanks for the story of her falling asleep on your lap! My kids are too old for that stuff, but I sure do miss that. It is strange feeling when the house is quiet after a rambunctious hour or 2 of playing and noise. Almost as if you want to wake them up! naaa