Monday, September 12, 2005

5...4...3...2...1... LAUNCH!


I must say, my daughter is funny. I laugh at her. Literally. Lately, I have just looked at her and burst out laughing. She then looks at me like I'm the crazy one.

Why do I laugh? I've gotta tell you. SHE'S CRAWLING! well... its more like leaping. She looks like a frog. its the funniest thing i've ever beheld. She gets up on her hands and knees, rocking back and forth to build up momentum. Then... launch! She propels herself forward. She can go pretty far, too! The one time, she went farther than i thought she would and she ended up hitting her head on my knee-- that didnt make her too happy.

She doesnt crawl (jump) on the floor though. At least, not much. She will only attempt it while in her crib, on a bed, or on some other soft surface. Its either b/c for some reason its easier, or b/c she doesnt want to hurt her head on the floor.

[This computer is so slow! I cant stand it!! I'm trying to put some pictures in and its taking so long. Blast this dial-up connection!!!]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can I say? I'm an Ercky fan (that's Erica and Becky together... they do that on Days of Our Lives, *MY* Soap... like Sami and Lucas are Lumi and Brady and Chloe are Broe... so I wanted to do it too, ok? Don't think I'm retarded!)

Anyway, as I was saying... I'm a fan. I'm like the only one that comments to EVERY SINGLE post. So go ahead all you people out there reading Becky's blog, try and beat me. :) Love your blog, Becky!

Wish I would have seen the froggy leap today. I guess my living room carpet isn't soft enough (darn berber)! Maybe next week... oh and I will tell Reagan not to spit up on Erica's shorts next week. :) :) :)

Abigail S. said...

Erica sure is a cutie. I had a great time w/ yall this weekend.

She'll be crawling "for real" soon! How precious! Go, Erica, go!

Lindsey said...

I love this age. My nephew is 10 months and crawling all over like crazy. Just started walking but teeters more than anything else at this point. But I love him...he's so funny.