Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'm dreaming of a white Thanksgiving...

First, I need to tell you what an awful mother I am. I hope that I didn't scar my child for life.

Let me set the scene: It was Monday night and Andrew was out, said he'd be late. Well, the house was A MESS, really awful. And though it was all Erica's junk, I knew that I'd get it cleaned up faster w/ her out of the way. So I got her ready for bed and was just about to close her door goodnight when Andrew came home. He called upstairs: "Why is she going to bed when all of her toys are out?"

Now, I was frustrated by that. I'd had a long and difficult day, and the last thing I wanted was to be second guessed. So I called down to him [not in a yell; just loud so that he'd hear] to explain: "I just want to get rid of her."
Oops, big mistake!!! She heard, of course. And started crying and crying and crying. She threw herself into bed and tried to hide. Oh, I felt horrible. Absolutely awful. I'm such a jerk!!!

I went into her and tried to calm her down, explaining that that wasn't what I meant at all. She calmed down and then came w/ us downstairs to clean up. [I think/hope] All is forgiven.



Now to the snow.

Well, we'd been having a little bit of snow here and there, but nothing at all that accumulated. Just flurries.

We woke up Friday [the 21st, not as in yesterday] morning to TWO inches of snow. And just an hour later it was up to THREE inches. Of course that's not terrible bad, but considering that the snow was so late in coming last year, I was shocked to have so much this soon.

So I have a picture here, and a movie clip too taken on my camera. Took forever to upload.

Sister Abby was over. She came Thursday night, then she and a friend and I went out for a midnight movie. Twilight. SO SO SO SO good. Loved it. I've read all the books; Stephenie Meyer is an amazing author. So talented. Anyway, the movie was great. There were a few things off, but not major. I think, though, that if people watched the movie but hadn't read the books, they'd be a bit confused at parts.

I've actually seen a second time since. Last night I went out with my friend to see it again. Just as good the second time, if not better.

Thanksgiving was good. Okay, it wasn't actually white outside like my post title says. The snow had all melted away by Thanksgiving. But still. Anyway, had a good time. Went to Andrew's parents' house, joined w/ all his relatives. It was nice; I like his family.

Well, I gotta go. I'm gonna try to change this blog's template to something Christmas-y.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just want to get rid of her?! OMG!!! You horrible, horrible mommy!!!

Seriously, though...we've ALL said things that we wish we could take back. The great thing about kids is that they forget and forgive very easily. We could learn a lot from our children, for sure.

I just started reading Twilight. I'm excited to get through the book so that I can go see the movie. Very cool!

Anonymous said...

I love the new template!

But I will promise you that the "getting rid of her" incident will long be forgotten by Christmas-especially if you give her a pony. *wink wink*

www.silverneurotic.weebly.com

Anonymous said...

Oh it's not a big deal. We're all bad parents sometimes. But I think the fact that because of that she got to get out of bed could be more of a problem than what you said. Just sayin'...

I just started reading "Boundaries for Kids" by Dr Henry Cloud. I highly recommend it. It made me realize that I was going on auto-pilot in my parenting and forgetting that I'm raising a child to be an adult someday. There's a difference in parenting in the now and parenting for the future. Big eye-opener for me! Anyway, if I ever return it to the library, you oughta check it out... literally. ha ha OK that was lame!

See you Saturday! (LBB is excited because he has been talking about Erica like crazy!!!!!!)

Cute video clip too. I'm excited that I was able to get an AWESOME camcorder for really cheap on Black Friday, so maybe I can put video on my blog soon. Yay yay!!

'liya said...

Twilight was great, loved the movie, loved the books :D

And like the others have said, everyone makes mistakes inthe way they say things but the good thing is these little things are usually forgotten quickly.

'liya said...

Twilight was great, loved the movie, loved the books :D

And like the others have said, everyone makes mistakes inthe way they say things but the good thing is these little things are usually forgotten quickly.

Anonymous said...

I hated the movie. Didn't do the books justice.


Remember me? I'm JDS1000 =D i knew you yrs ago