Friday, February 15, 2008

A slight disappointment

No, not with Valentine's day. Then again, maybe it was. We had a good dinner and family time. But then I went with Erica to our community kids' club where I help out. Erica goes with the preschoolers, and I work with the 5th grade boys. [Whose idea that was, I'm not sure.] One of my boys is SO awful. He's ADHD to the extreme. I have trouble being sympathetic with it; I don't have much tolerance for it. I've dealt with things worse, but I was able to control myself. I know, I know... his family situation and things are probably far worse than mine ever were. I need to work on my attitude. But anyway, it made for a rather disappointing end of V-Day.

But, positive notes on V-Day: I got my hair cut. It's about time! I didn't get it any shorter, but it needed to be thinned out. My hair is so thick that it gives me headaches. So every so often I have to get it thinned out. Feels much better now.

Hubby bought Erica and I both a pair of Crocs. Thanks Andrew! I wasn't expecting that.

Anyway, my title was referring mainly to today. I was supposed to have a mom's group, but for various reasons it's been canceled. [They are good, valid reasons, which I do understand.] I was really looking forward to handing Erica off to someone else for an hour and being able to converse with adults. Yes, last night she was with someone else, but considering how awful my time was dealing with that boy, it doesn't really count.

So I'm kinda down now. I could take Erica to the library today. Or go shopping for some things Andrew needs. But now I'm in a mood to just sit here and wallow.

Not that that would be good for me. We'll do something today; I'm just not sure what yet.

[UPDATE: I did go out to Target with Erica to get stuff for Andrew. It was good to get out. Anyway, my little girl is SO BIG! She used the potty there. I'm so proud of her!]

7 comments:

'liya said...

The media class I'm helping with at school is doing some Target design competition. We don't have that store here but reading the name made me think of it.

Burgh Baby said...

Yay! for using the potty! Go, Erica!

Anonymous said...

Awww! She's a big girl!

It's fun to hear Andrew surprised you w/ crocs! That was very sweet!

Anonymous said...

Awww! She's a big girl!

It's fun to hear Andrew surprised you w/ crocs! That was very sweet!

Karen said...

Congrats on the potty! And the new crocs! See, there's always something to be thankful for. :)

Anonymous said...

We saw Peter Rabbit at the library today and went grocery shopping... harah, harah! Life isn't always filled with exciting and wonderful things, but exciting and wonderful PEOPLE (our cute little twirps we adore)!! :)

Anonymous said...

The best way to avoid disappointment is to not expect much from things. But then that's against human nature :)