Thursday, December 22, 2005

Random News...

First of all, i'd like to say: I'm feeling a bit better. But not really. This is a crappy time of the year to get sick. i have so much to do... and absolutely no energy or will power. I'm afraid if i start doing too much, it'll make me pass out or worse...

So, in the news:

-Did you hear that elton john got married? yup. Thats all i'm gonna say about that.
-Someone kidnapped--or shall i say "bird"napped-- a penguin from a zoo in england. He's only three months old. his parents are very forlorn. They wont eat, and they keep wandering around the exibit trying to find him.
-So, the verdict came in about Intelligent Design. Not sure if people not from PA know about this... Some mom from Dover PA was ticked that her kids were being taught Intelligent Design in school. [Intelligent design= some higher being (aka: God) created the world.] The public school did not teach only it; they were presenting all theories to students. She only wanted evolution taught. She didnt see why the "religious" view of creation should be taught. So, it went to court... and they decided to ban I.D. from being taught in public school. So-- some TV station had their reporters there at her house, awaiting the verdict, so that they could get her initial reaction. You know what she was doing while waiting: Writing Christmas cards, munching Christmas cookies, and sitting in front of her twinkling Christmas tree. Hmmmm... ... ...
-Have you heard about the transit strike in NYC? ALl the transportation workers are striking. Its such a bad time of the year to do this: 1) its so cold out. 2) businesses arent getting the holiday consumers that they need. 3) people are having trouble doing their traveling.
-There was a shark attack in Maui. Or however its spelled. Some person lost one and a half fingers. Hopefully they write with the other hand. [ok, that really wasnt funny]

5 comments:

Tom said...

Christmas comes Christmas goes. I wish it would last longer sometimes, and others I wish it would end. Man, I am Mr indecisive. I sure hope you are able to rest! I don't know how many times I raced home when my wife was ill. I don't know how you ladies do it all!

Take good care of you and God bless.

Tick

Abigail S. said...

Elton John married... I thought he was gay?

Raj said...

I think that woman is right. Religion should be kept out of schools.

Its sad to hear abt the penguin tho.

Becky L said...

raj-- My point wasnt so much about religion in schools-- it was that she was celebrating CHRISTmas.

just a bit ironic.

Becky L said...

and yes, elton john married a man. it was the first male-male marriage in England.